Tip 1: Focus on creating your team of 6 star roster
At the beginning of the game, you will use whatever that is given to you. Once you start having stronger 5/6 heroes, you can then opt to be picky and decide what you want to do. The general rule is this:
- Feed 1/2 star heroes to your 3/4/5/6 star heroes
- Fuse any hero that is 3 stars or higher.
And as a fellow pro Seven Knights player says:
use 1 star units to power up 3/4/5 star units.
use 2 star units to power up 6 star units.
use 3 star units to fuse for 4 star units.
use 4 star units to fuse for 5 star units.
use 5 star units to fuse for 6 star units or rank up if it’s a desirable unit.
use 6 star units to use if it’s desirable or fodder for trans/unlock.
Also consider selling your level 30 units if you are low on gold. For the long term, fuse the 3/4/5 star units you get in the game.
Tip 2: Level Every Hero!
Even 1/2 star heroes. For each newly leveled hero to 30, you get 5 rubies. This is actually a legitimate way for most f2p players to earn rubies instead of spending real money.
Tip 3: Best Formation?
Now formation costs gold to upgrade. Pick whichever formation you like. If you like more attack, choose the offensive formation. Otherwise, balanced seems to be the best of both in terms of offense and defense. Just level no more than 2 of best formations you like the most.
Tip 4: Ruby Farming!
This is where netmarble actually gives f2p players a chance to shine. You can farm rubies! Leveling a hero to 30 gives 5 rubies for the first time and then 2 rubies after that. To get a ruby farming team going, you are going to need heroes that have AoE skills. Here are the following useful ones you should try:
- Velika – 2 AoE skills, ignore def [Must Have!]
- Jave – 2 AoE skills, reflect passive, higher AoE dmg multiplier
- Eileen/Dellons/Spike/Kris – higher-than-avg base dmg and higher AoE multiplier
- Ruri – High damage multiplier, 2 AoE skills
- Yuri/Ariel/May – At least one AoE skill, useful passives
Tip 5: Castle Siege
The best formation for Castle Siege seems to be 1-4 formation, with the backline being your best attacker. The siege is quite hard and if you have only 3/4/5 star heroes, you won’t do as much damage and end up getting less points. The team setup you should aim for is this:
- 1 DPS for the backline: Your best hero that deals the damage
- 1-2 AoE Units: This is good to have against groups of enemies, which is every round.
- Debuffers: Damage reduction is key to surviving.
- 1 Support with heal/revive – They keep your team alive! You need at least one, no doubt.
For those wanting a recommended hero list, check this out from EDMW 7Knights Thread:
- Rachel is the most ideal unit, because her single target skills both do a debuff, the rapier attack reducing defense while the phoenix flame attack reduces damage. However, we’re not all born with luck in our fingertips, so if you don’t have Rachel , its not the end of your CR life. Alternative units you can look out for:
- Leo, Chancellor (same single target 80% def reduction as Rachel)
- Sarah (AoE 50% reduction for both dmg & def)
- Sylvia (AoE 50% reduction for def)
• Dmg Down
- Sylvia (same single target 80% dmg reduction as Rachel)
- Sarah (AoE 50% reduction for both dmg & def)
- Leo (AoE 40% dmg reduction)
- Chancellor (AoE 40% phy atk reduction, you can chain this with dmg reduction debuffs)
- May (AoE 40% phy atk reduction, you can chain this with dmg reduction debuffs)
(Alternative: Bring along 4 of your units and use a friend’s Rachel Rep! Summon immediately.)
Take note for buffs/passives, there’s 2 types. One increases damage, the other increases attack type, physical/magical. With regards to stacking, the game will only take the strongest type.
Tip 6: Daily Dungeons
Always do your daily dungeons. Each day gives you the rank up materials of each element. Here it is:
- Monday – Defensive
- Tuesday – Support
- Wednesday – Magic
- Thursday – Universal
- Friday – Fire
- Saturday – Gold
- Sunday – Anything Goes
Tip 7: Celestial Tower
Climbing the celestial tower gives you additional rewards such as gold, items and heroes. Always do them when your key refreshes(every 30 minute intervals).
Tip 8 : Raids
The Dragon, also known as Destroyer Gaze, has a chance to spawn (if he hasn’t already) whenever you finish an adventure stage.
Destroyer Gaze will stay spawned for 3 hours before it disappears, so it must be killed in that time span.
Only one Destroyer Gaze may be discovered by one player at a time.
Friends of the player that discovered the Destroyer Gaze (both through game and social medias) can participate in killing it, but there’s a 20 player participation limit.
Tip 9: Complete Your Daily Quests
Every time you log on, be sure to check your daily quests list. Doing them means you are also doing the weekly and monthly quests. Below are the daily quests:
- Battle in the Celestial Tower x3 = 3000 Gold
- Fight in the Castle Rush x2 = 30 Honor Points
- Enter the Daily Dungeon x1 = 3000 Gold
- Buy an Item x1 = 2-4 Star Item
- Power up a hero x5 = 5000 Gold
Tip 10: Add Friends
The more friends you have, the more honor points you will get. Honor points allow you to buy keys, which means you get to do more adventure mode stuff and actually level your team + get more items.
Tip 11: Check Out the Hero Tier List
If you ever wonder which heroes are good for a certain role, be sure to check out this Korean tier list created by the community. It will give you a sense of what are the strength and weaknesses of each 6 star hero.